Susan Ackerman is Preston H. Kelsey Professor of Religion, Professor of Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies, and Professor of Jewish Studies at Dartmouth College, where she has taught since 1990. Professor Ackerman is currently President of the American Schools of Oriental Research. She is a specialist in the religion of ancient Israel and the religions of Israel's neighbors (Mesopotamia, Egypt, and Canaan), an interest she first developed as an undergraduate religion major at Dartmouth (A.B., 1980) and continued to explore in graduate school at Harvard (M.T.S., 1982; Ph.D., 1987).
Bible & Archaeology Fest XXI, November 16 – 18, 2018
Selected Articles by Susan Ackerman
- Sacred Sex, Sacrifice and Death
- Child Sacrifice: Returning God’s Gift
- Biblical Views: “Rocks of Unevangelized Lands”
- We’ve Come a Long Way, Baby (But Still Have a Ways to Go)
- When the Bible Enters the Fray